 |
only photo, since photography is not allowed inside...also serious
hair troubles going on here. |
Sunday Tracy and I went to the Anne Frank House, which is one of our school assignments. As we got there I realized that because it is a summer weekend, tourists are all here and want to visit the museum. Aka, the line was ridiculous. I told Tracy I didn't want to wait and would rather come back another week day, but she begged so I caved. We then stood in line for an hour and a half through all four seasons of the year: hot, light rain, absolute crazy storm (this was the majority) and temperate. The museum was freezing and really a huge disappointment. It was so poorly done and even the artifacts they had on display were not labeled. All the rooms were dark and freezing. In short, a total let-down. I think the diary is amazing and I even love the movie but the house really was not worth it at all. Unfortunately, Tracy and I had a different pace. I read every plaque, watched every video, and looked in all the rooms and still I finished a good hour before her; not entirely sure what she was doing....so I got a brownie and sat in the museum cafe...story of my life.
 |
| Straight-up red syrup and ice |
 |
| movie theatres here have so many snacks! Doritos anyone? |
After the museum we split ways and I met Allison and Angie for food and happy hour at Coco's Outback. We watched an international track meet on the big screen while sitting in super comfy leather couches. Angie even got a Kangaroo burger (so adventurous) and I got fries (so not adventurous). After we had each had our crazy sweet and seemingly non-alcoholic cocktails, we headed to a movie. Magic Mike. A movie about male strippers. There was not an empty seat in the entire theatre, and for that matter, not a single guy. Girls laughed, talked, holla-ed throughout--I am pretty sure they had all been to Happy Hours of their own; see how local we are becoming! Anyways, the whole situation was really funny. Movie review: started of good and campy, become boring and lacked any plot whatsoever...defsies a rental.
 |
| The picture quality is bad but look at the amazing colors! On our walk back home! (at ten at night and no rain!) |
Maybe that's how it was when Anne Frank was there -freezing and dark and nothing labeled. :-)
ReplyDeleteyou thought magic mike was boring?? I was thoroughly entertained...
ReplyDeleteHaha you would...
Delete