Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 16: Lecture & Flower Market



Morrow, Lena, Allison, Erin, Taylor, Ryan, Angie in lecture at UvA
Today we had a lecture at the university given by Marek, which prepared us for what we are going to see later in the week...that being many modernist and abstract works.  After the very long lecture--3 hours!--Angie, Erin, Allison and I decided to head to McDonalds from some good ole'american food.  The McDonalds was huge and so nice! Three stories of nice booths and hard-wood floors.  Anyways, got me a Mcflurry, fries, and some nuggets.  Needless to say, it was amazing.

one flower market stall--see what I mean about the floating aspect being lost? 
Afterward, Angie Erin and I went to the flower market.  It is known to be the only "floating" flower market.  But I have to say this is a bit of a scam.  The booths are officially in the water but you can't tell at all.  They only seem to be set up like this because there would not be enough room on the side walk otherwise.  It was still pretty cool.  Lots of bulbs but not that many actual flower bunches.  Of course most of the flower booths also consisted of tchochkes galore.  Going into all the tourist shops was fun though, and Erin got herself an absolutely ridiculous cow mug.  I wanted to buy a grow-it-yourself bonsai kit but apparently I would not be able to get it back through customs.  However, there were some bulbs already stamped with an inspection label that are allowed to be taken back in luggage.  Sorry mom, these ones were boring basic tulips so I left empty handed.  Then we ran some errands and went into an english book store.  Books here are surprisingly cheap but I am still working on She's Come Undone.  The funniest book eva.  Oh also, Revenge is an amazing tv show and people should get watching. (Jessie.)

Never ending knick-knacks!


2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with the show revenge! Also, love the pic of you with the dutch clogs
    -Greer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes! you should watch everwood...has the same girl in it

      Delete