Saturday, August 11, 2012

ANNA ANTWERP: DAY 56

View from the top, Allison, me, Angie




Today we went to three museums none of which were very special.  Because they just didnt seem to have that much work. Once again I am completely exhausted--woke up at 8 and didn't get back to the room until eleven pm.  Here are a few highlights:


Below, blurry picture but it's a Narwhal horn! so much bigger than I ever thought.  The first museum we went to.
        

Melun Madonna.  So cool we got to see this!

Belgian Waffles in Belgium...a must
Gay Pride Parade
I am ALWAYS right.  heehee
"We worry and we are full of anxiety.  We think the world will demand an explanation.
But in fact the world has already moved on and forgotten us" --Jose Saramago

"Here is a peanut shaped like a bird"

 
this is my worst nightmare.

After all our museum visits we had a group dinner.  Very nice food.  Angie even tried horse and I had a bite! Not too bad.  But I think red meat is really gross.  But we got amazing Dame Blanches (classy euro way of saying ice cream sundae) at the end.

Here is Jen, Angie and me sitting in the hand of Antwerp.  The city was named Antwerp after some myth about a giant throwing a hand into the river.
 Then after dinner, Tracy, Angie and I went on the Antwerp ferris wheel.  Fun way to end a very long day.  We only went because it is our last night here and its right next to the hotel.  When in Antwerp! Off to Bruges tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment